This Panel discussion will focus specifically on scale-out deployment of OpenStack in the enterprises. The Panel members will discuss their experience deploying and managing scale-out OpenStack data center environments. The panel will also discuss current operational challenges and where there are opportunities for OpenStack to improve.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Discussion about software and hardware architectures
- Which applications are best suited for Cloud environments?
- Why scale out? What are the business and technology advantages?
- Challenges encountered on the SW and HW side and lessons learned and best practices for future deployments
- Specific opportunities for OpenStack to improve
CTO Office, Red Hat
Before joining Red Hat I worked at DEC/Compaq/HP in their Tru64 UNIX engineering group,later moved into their architecture strategy group | Joined Red Hat in 2004 to become a member of the CTO Office | Focusing on customer engagments and engineering relationships | Interested in large scale OpenStack deployments and how to operationalize them | |
Technology Evangelist, Rackspace
Kenneth Hui is a Technology Evangelist with Rackspace. His passion is to help IT deliver value to their customers through collaboration, automation, and cloud computing. Ken blogs about cloud computing, OpenStack, and VMware at http://cloudarchitectmusings.com and at http://www.rackspace.com./blog/author/kenneth-hui. He also speaks regularly at conferences and user group meetups. You can follow Ken on Twitter @hui_kenneth.
Senior Director, GigaOm Research, Gigaom
• Proven IT business professional with over 18 years experience within global Fortune 500 environments having worked within the United States, EMEA and AsiaPac | • Dynamic consultant with an aptitude for translating IT into business strategy having worked across all levels of organizations including the CIO and Vice President of IT | • Exceptional leader and mentor having successfully managed teams | • Research and evidence-based... Read More →
CTO and Founder, Blue Box Group, Blue Box
Technology entrepreneur Jesse Proudman started his first tech company at the age of 13 and has been pursuing his passion for Internet infrastructure ever since. With over 15 years of experience in building and leading IT businesses, he is Founder and CTO of Blue Box Group, a Seattle-based cloud hosting company that delivers agile cloud resources to nearly 600 customers worldwide. | Proudman created Blue Box Group in his college dorm room, and... Read More →
CTO - Intelligent Platforms, Hitachi Data Systems
I am a member of Hitachi Data Systems’ Office of Technology & Planning team, working as a CTO for Intelligent Platforms. In my role, I work closely with strategic clients, research communities, open source communities and various Hitachi’s internal organizations to drive continuous innovation. Before joining HDS, I worked in product management and engineering roles with Cisco Systems Inc., for several switching and routing products.
Co-founder and CMO
Boris is the co-founder and CMO at Mirantis, a leading OpenStack systems integrator. Operationally responsible for Mirantis’ marketing strategy, Boris acts as a spokesperson for the company and is Mirantis’ public face in the OpenStack community. | In his role, Boris works to ensure that Mirantis’ marketing efforts don’t just promote the Mirantis brand, but also help further global awareness of the OpenStack community. To that effect... Read More →
Wednesday May 14, 2014 11:50am - 12:30pm
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!